Over the past 25+ years, Anne Jackson has had the opportunity to work and learn alongside some wonderful, amazing, troubled young people.
In recognition of what some have gone on to achieve, to reassure the current VCE students and all others and to allow you to look at real 2e people, Anne has organised this session with eight of her students aged from late-teens to mid-twenties. These students are highly varied, and are either studying or working in fields as varied as aviation and finance.
Each student will present a 5-minute talk with or without pictures of:
- what it was like for them at school,
- what strategies were put in (or not put in) place to help them at school,
- their journey to where they are now, and
- where they see themselves in 5 years’ time.
There will then be time for questions from the floor to the panel, with nibble and mingle time afterwards to allow individuals to ask specific questions to individual speakers.
This is a fantastic opportunity which has been very well received previously. Don’t miss out on your chance to hear from people who have managed to overcome adversities in the school system.
- Where: Kids Like Us, 21 Bay Road, Sandringham, VIC 3191
- When: Saturday, 20th August from 16:30-20:30
- Price: Tickets are $10 for individuals or families, and students are VERY welcome.
- Booking: Please book tickets through this link – https://join-anne-and-some-of-her-students.eventbrite.com.au