Kids Like Coding KLUb
Run by our Tech Tutor John and his team, Coding KLUb gives children the opportunity to use the class-set of the latest Raspberry Pi 2 educational computers to learn to code in Scratch; a computer language designed at MIT for children.
The course loosely follows the resource packs provided by “codeclubworld.org” which over a one-year period begins with Scratch, then advances to web/HTML, and then Python.
The club has a high teacher-to-student ratio, so the pace and learning style can be personalised to suit each child’s needs.
Using resources including Minecraft, Coding KLUb is a great way for kids to gain valuable tech skills, while also making connections with other children in the club through in-game and online chat!
Through Coding KLUb, kids can learn to:
• write a game in Scratch
• learn to code in Python (and manipulate Minecraft)
• set up a RaspberryPi as a web-server
• develop web pages using HTML and CSS
• (advanced) create a web page which can interact and control Minecraft Pi
• Age: Students of all ages, currently between 6 – 13. Limited to 10 places each day
• Cost: $25 for the session, paid termly
• Dates: Sundays
• Term 1, 2017 Dates: February 5th, February 19th, March 5th, March 19th.
• Term 2, 2017 Dates: April 23rd, May 7th, May 21st, June 4th, June 18th.
• Term 3, 2017 Dates: July 30th, August 13th, August 27th, September 10th
• Term 4, 2017 Dates: October 15th, October 29th, November 12th, November 26th, December 10th
• Times: Group 1, 12:30 – 14:30
• Group 2, 15:00 – 17:00
If you sign up for Kids Like Coding KLUb you must commit to coming for the whole term – no refunds.
Coding KLUb is made possible through funding from:
• Bayside Council Community Grants